Alexander Kjerulf, The Chief Happiness Officer, is one of the world's leading experts on happiness at work and the best-selling author of 3 books including Happy Hour is 9 to 5. According to Times Ascent he will share more of his insights at the World HRD Congress. According to him happy employees are the most productive employees. As per him happiness at work is the most important factor that contributes to good careers, happy lives and business success. Is it possible to be this happy at work? Can we go to work and be energized, have fun, do great work, enjoy the people we work with, wow our customers, be proud of what we do, and look forward to our Monday mornings as much as some people long for Friday afternoons? Is it really possible to create workplaces where this kind of happiness and excitement is a norm and a reality. Is it really possible? Will it be a routine thing or just an exception? Should we just accept that work is a duty and it can't be pleasant any more and this is the reason that we get paid for? No, anyone can be happy at work, and they should be because happy companies have:
- Higher productivity - Happy people achieve better results.
- Higher quality - Happy people care about quality.
- Lower absenteeism - Happy people want to go to office because they are always enthusiastic. They are happy and they want to make others happy.
- Less stress and burnout - Happy people are less prone to stress. This is a medical and psychological discovery and revelation today.
- Happy people are the best people - It is not only that happy people want to work for best companies but best companies want to recruit and retain happy people.
- Happy people give higher sales - Happy people are the the best sales people because they make their customers happy. Customers want to stay with best companies that give quality products.
- Higher customer satisfaction -Happy people are empathetic about customer needs. They put themselves in the shoes of an affected customer and give the best service possible to see a smile and satisfaction on the face of a customer. They want to see that the customer goes happy so that he becomes a repeat customer. That is the reason that the whole world is now talking about CEM, Customer Experiencing Management and not only CRM. The Customer Experiencing Management is the key thing to be customer centric. And this is possible only through happy employees.
- Happy employees give more creativity and innovation - Happy people are the most creative. They know that the future world can survive only on innovation and creativity. Innovation and creativity is the key. Happy people can give the biggest creativity and innovation.
- Happy people are adaptive to changes - Happy people are much more open and adaptive to changes. Change management becomes easy with happy people.
- Happy people give higher profits - The end result of all the above is higher profits. Happy people contribute towards higher profits. Happy environment is more conducive and conductive for growth and prosperity of any organization. See it is a Win-Win proposal. It is not only the employees who benefit from this but also the organizations.
Look at the statue of the Laughing Buddha. He was the God of laughter. His is also called the celebrated monk Hotei. He is called the deity of abundance. Abundance of joy and laughter. The legend is that he used to go to the market place and laugh loudly and madly just like that. He used to laugh madly without any reason. People used to gather around to see him. Along with him they also started laughing. He used to continue this until all people join his belly laughter. Then he used to go to some other market place and do the same job gain. Laughing and making others laugh was his only business. This was his routine. It was his own inner joy overflowing. We in India discovered Laughing Yoga on a similar phenomenon. All people assemble and just laugh loudly and madly for no reason at all. Sometimes real laughter emerges out of this nonsense. This way we may confront and encounter our real inner happiness. Our real face that is always laughing and glowing emerges. This is the actual message of that Laughing Buddha. It was his device and way to help us discover our real happiness.